2019 marks 47 years of Kennedy CHC providing comprehensive care to the communities in Central Massachuetts and MetroWest. We’ve come a long way since our inception in Great Brook Valley public housing in 1972, and we look forward to many more years of helping people live healthier lives.
The Edward M. Kennedy Community Health Center (Kennedy CHC) creates healthier lives for the people who live and work in our community. Our staff and clinicians work diligently to address the social determining factors of health that keep people from living a quality life through preventive health care that supports active living, healthy eating, regular oral and eye care, and strong emotional and mental health. We are a valued member of our community, as we:
- Serve as a clinical arm for community-based health
- Partner with other organizations to support public health
- Provide services in a more cost efficient manner than a private group practice or an academic medical system
- Support hospital system costs by keeping patients healthy
- Employ a community workforce
- Buy goods and services locally
Governed by patients and community members, Kennedy CHC has three medical facilities, two dental sites, two optometry practices and six school-based health centers serving residents of Worcester, Framingham, Milford, and the surrounding communities of MetroWest and Central Massachusetts. Currently over 28,000 patients of all ages and all walks of life receive care and service through our comprehensive approach to the delivery of quality primary and urgent care, medical specialties, nutrition counseling, dental care, optometry, pharmacy, behavioral health, social services, and health education.